Monday, February 6, 2012

The Three Graces


 This one came purely from the unconscious.  I had been painting all day and felt truely alive and charged up. I had finished my work and had a palette full of paint and instead of putting things away I picked up a blank canvas and started covering it with the leftover color (or non- color in this case I had been working on the River Walker painting) I was inspired by Robert Stark and the small landscapes he constructs from memory when he has paints from his palette leftovers. I thought maybe a landscape would emerge. Instead these three figures emerged. They started out as cedar trees but were more like figures so I went with it and these three female forms emerged. I added the Moon tto complete the feeling of the godesses walking throught the night of the imagination. 12x12in oil on canvas

No comments: